When a typical Nigerian hears of Banga soup, there is this butterfly that rumbles in their stomach, just like Oliver twist, they are never satisfied of getting enough out of this African delicacy.
The popular Niger Delta region recipe, is one that makes you salivate even without tasting it. It is a soup, that is made out of fresh several varieties like Smoked fish, shell fish, snail, palm fruitetc. The flavor that comes out of this dish is very tender and delicate, it brings out the delicate taste of palm fruit.
Not every one knows the secret behind the taste of a good Delta woman’s Banga soup, that is why in Today news, we have decided to expose this secrets, by teaching you how to prepare this mouth wetting soup.
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE A SWEET BANGA SOUP:
- Palm fruit
- Oburunbebe stick
- Atarodo – habanero pepper
- Dry red shrimps
- Dry bitter leaf
- Fresh shrimps
- Tilapia fish
- Powder banga spices
- Smoked fish/bush meat.
You will need to use the ingredients in the rightful proportion okay.
HOW TO PREPARE BANGA SOUP:
- Boil your palm fruit extracts, till they are soft enough, pound them in the mortar, and extract the juicy oil out of it. Add the oil in a hot steaming water on fire.
- Add your smoked fish varieties and let them boil alongside the oil, you can add crayfish if required to get a strong aroma and taste.
- Add the atarodo(pepper), as much as you can to your own satisfaction or taste, the atarodo, helps the soup to get a good flavor.
- Proceed to adding the Banga spices, 3 teaspoonful might be required if using a deep sauce pan, then stir till you can smell the palm fruit extracts.
- After stirring, you can add salt and seasoning cubes, continue stirring until the banga soup becomes thicker(as a result of the oil), if its not thick, it means enough water was added from the start.
- Once it becomes thick, you can add your periwinkles or fresh prawn, once this is cooked, the last ingredient to be added is the dried bitter leaf. Allow it boil a little and stir.
- Your Banga soup is ready to be served hot. In delta state, it is best consumed with starch.
You can share pictures of your soup with us when you like our facebook page okay.
Kindly share this now with your Friends okay.